Important information for IFUT members
On 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) replaced previous data protection laws in the European Union.
IFUT takes the privacy and the protection of our members’ and employees’ personal data seriously. GDPR gives individuals greater control over their personal data and imposes significantly increased obligations on organisations that collect this data.
What does GDPR mean for you?
Under GDPR you have significantly strengthened rights to:
- Access details about how your personal data is processed.
- Access the personal data held on you.
- Have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances including in relation to direct marketing/e-mails.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Have your personal data erased where an organisation has no legitimate reason to retain your data.
IFUT will endeavour to address any GDPR related concerns you may have with regard to IFUT.
IFUT will have a dedicated area on our website which will contain all IFUT GDPR related policies and procedures, including a GDPR FAQ sheet, which will be updated on a regular basis.
Any IFUT GDPR related queries may be directed, in writing, to the IFUT Data Protection Officer (DPO) at:
Data Protection Officer,
Irish Federation of University Teachers,
11 Merrion Square,
Useful guidance and information may also be obtained from the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, contact details as follows:
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner,